Monday, November 9, 2009

The super hero




She has always known she was super. And I don't mean super as in the stamp you used to get on your homework assignment in the second grade. I am talking full blown, larger then life, more. Super. She got invited to "super hero training camp" last month and could not contain her excitement or her curiosity about finally getting to see what she was made of. And she made it all the way through training, with flying colors. She got a pink cape, a pink mask, pink wrist shields and a certificate with her new super hero name on it. (she made me promise I wouldnt' disclose that name to the general public but rest assured, it does have the word "pink" in it)(also, as long as I am pausing the story with parenthesis, how cool is my friend Kim for throwing her son a super hero training camp birthday party?)



After the party, we went to the mall to pick up some hold items, and she asked if she could wear her newly aquired "uniform" inside. I hesitated. I mean, it was only September, wouldn't people look at her like she was that weird kid from the Santa Claus line in "A Christmas Story"? You know, the one with the goggles? But I let her wear it. Pink mask and all. And she walked into that front door with her head held high and proud, because she knew who she was. We finished up our shopping, got stopped by the tricksters at the curling iron kiosk, and as I was getting my hair magically curled, Paige suddenly took off in a sprint, her cape waving behind her. I called after her, I caught up, I demanded to know why she had taken off like that, didn't she know she could have gotten lost? "yes," she said, "but I thought I saw a kid about to fall from the second level and I needed to catch him." I hope she always knows who she is, as surely as she knows she is super.

6 comments:

Erica Williams said...

You're just the best little blogger! I enjoy reading your posts so much :)

Kacey and Eddie said...

I love Paige!!! You are so lucky to have her and I am so lucky to be her aunt!!

underthesun said...

Paige is a Super Hero. She has always been a hero to me to show me how to be nice to everyone, very polite, and can save the world.

Anonymous said...

Cute cute girls! Bring them over with their costumes and all the kids can dress up like super heros together. My kids still wear their costumes at least once day, everyday.

Nicole said...

I LUV that story!!! She is so adorable and I love her imagination. I hope that my future children have just as much imagination as she does.

XOXO

The MacMizzles said...

CUTE!!!!