Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The minis and more

I was talking to my friend Jen about doing some family sessions for some of her friends before the holidays, and since I was a little short on time, she came up with the idea to cram four mini sessions into a two hour block of time so we could fit everyone in. I have photographer friends who do mini sessions all the time but for one reason or another I didn't think I would be able to pull one off and although I had my doubts, I thought it was one of the more exciting photo sessions I have done in a long long time. Of course I had my right arm and sidekick Linda there with me which was wonderful, and even though one family that came to the session knew her name but not mine, I tried not to take it too personally, I really need to get my ego in check and remember that although I think it often, I am not a superstar:) It was a fun fun night and I would love to start doing mini sessions on a regular basis, so if anyone is interested in setting one up, please let me know, I will be booking sessions again soon, I promise..(incidentally, if you are wondering, minis are easier on the wallet, too).
Mini session families, you guys are AWESOME!!!! Linda and I could not stop talking about how much fun we had on this shoot, please please please lets do it again sometime soon!!!

As a secondary note, I have a brand new blog coming to a google reader near you! My very talented friend Derek has been putting it together, and is patiently awaiting my switch, but if I can be frank, dear readers, I have been hesitant to switch because I am not sure all four of you would make the move with me. So I have to ask, will you? Pretty please make the switch? As bonus incentive, I am going to have a contest on my very first blog entry at my new digs, so be ready to leave a comment, you who read my blog and write nary a hello...(you know who you are, but I won't name names)




I used a fill flash on this one, I almost never like using a flash but this one I thought turned out pretty cool.

























Funny faces.























This has to be the last photo because I LOVE it! and it was accidental! I wish I could say that I meant to light them this way, that it was all part of my awesome raw talent, but here is what happened, I was swearing as usual at the stupid flash, because it wasn't firing, and then I forgot it was on, since, like i just said, it wasn't firing, and while it was pointed at the black concrete, it went off, and bounced up, and voila.

8 comments:

linda said...

Yaaaaay! Carrie! Awesome photos! AND the families are beautiful.

Carrie Butler -- you have talent woman! I love your accidental awesome raw talent.

Erica Williams said...

Great photos as usual Carrie! Those Martinez's are one good looking family :)

I know that you told me the other day that you are super busy with pictures, but when you have a free spot, let us know we might be interested...if you dare!!! Prescott's also mentioned that they were going to call you again soon- when they knew when Bryce's girls would be in town next.

Heather H said...

Those are all so super cute!

Lazy C Photography said...

I think most of my best shots are accidents:) These turned out great!!

Laura said...

Wonderful shots!! I will follow you where ever your blog is!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that last couple looks so young and in love! I bet in real life they are really cranky and frumpy looking..
Great work Carrie! Love ya:)

Nicole said...

I luv the pictures!!! Cute families too... :) And I will so be following you to your new blog....You can count on me! And look....there's more than 4 people commenting. LOL! See more people love you.

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, Carrie, we are thrilled beyond measure with our pictures- and 100% sure we want to do it again every single year! You are wonderful, Linda is wonderful, and we're so thankful.
I posted one of the pics of Eliana on my blog today (cause I wrote about her of course!)- love her eyes!
Thanks again! xo