Saturday, August 2, 2008

Zina and Mack

I did a photo session, another family reunion this weekend and I couldn't wait to get in and write about it! There was a pretty big group, all children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of this fantastic couple. It was pretty chaotic event, with all the people and some very excited kids. They were all troopers to hang in with me even though it was 102 degrees out, not even a grumble out of the men. As all the kids were leaving the park to eat dinner, I hung back with the mom and dad of the family and had a wonderful visit with them. They have been married somewhere between 45 and 47 years (there was a little loving discrepancy between the two of them on how long) and met at a regional dance that included several areas of the Salt Lake valley all that time ago and have been together ever since. Isn't fate remarkable? Out of all the people there that night, they found each other and have built a beautiful family that now spans four generations. I adored this time with them so much and I hope that the images we captured can convey the way that Mack so completely cherishes Zina, after 45-47 years together. The hands fluffing this adorable baby's dress belong to the mother, the grandmother and the greatgrandmother. Women can't help it, we just love babies!



























1 comment:

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Such cute pictures! HA HA I found your blog!!!! Seriously, how did I not know you have a blog? Your pictures on here look so great. I am excited for you that you are pursuing photography. You really have a great eye. Can we be friends again???? Our blog is romperoom.blogspot.com! Miss you guys:)