Monday, August 25, 2008

Star Struck at Scout Camp

I got to do the coolest thing ever today! My brother in law extraordinaire Zack Batty hooked me up with the SWEET job of shooting some stills on the set of the movie his brother, Garrett is making called "Scout Camp". I went down to Payson Canyon this morning over to an actual scout camp called Maple Dell and waited for the fun to start. I met some really nice people, including these adorable scouts all patiently waiting for their turns in the scenes. I also met some great actors I was pretty excited about, but I didn't slur my words or trip over my own two feet or threaten to stalk them (all of which, unfortunately, i have been guilty of doing in the past...) so I would say I am getting better. I also met and spoke with some people with the Utah Film Commission who were kind enough to give me pointers, both for that particular shoot and for my little portrait business. One of the guys used to work doing portraits for kids and he had some pretty good ideas on how to elicit smiles from them. The best news is, they said that now that I have one movie under my belt I can register with them to be in the film resource directory!!! So lookout yall, my name is on a resource list, whatdyathink of that?? I am very happy, number one because I love any kind of list, and number two, that I had such a fantastic first experience venturing outside of traditional photography that I am accustomed to. Please stay tuned for pics from the set...

8 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Congrats Carrie, that is awesome! I'm so glad that things are taking off for you!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

That is so great! Sorry my stupid phone dies all the time and I missed your text until yesterday afternoon. Sounds like it would have been fun. Can't wait to see the pics:)

Tessa said...

Wow, congrats Carrie! That's so great that you not only got to take the photos, but also that you met a photog that gave you some awesome tips. Way to go!

Can't wait to see the pics!!

So Happy Together said...

Hi Carrie!
Very cool. Can't wait to see you pictures! Hey can you eamil me your # or call me? I have something I would like your help with. Talk to you soon.

carriebutler said...

Thanks you guys! I re read this post and it was so full of errors that i had to go back and edit, I don't know if I did that good of a job, but that is how exciting it was for me yesterday! Steff, your dumb phone!

Laura said...

really when did you get so cool. OH wait you have always been cool. great job carrie

carriebutler said...

I know, right? I am not nor will I ever be cool, so how lucky for me to get to do a cool thing!! I feel like the nerdy girl from a teen movie.

jennifer said...

Awesome! How cool are you? :-)