Sunday, October 18, 2009

Linda my love...

I like to bring a giant bag of gear to different shoots with me. Sometimes I don't even use the gear, actually most of the time I don't use the gear, but I feel like if I have the gear, I will feel much more legitimate in case I run into another photog while I am out. Generally speaking, I lose about one item on average per shoot. Sometimes it is lens, sometimes it is a flash, most of the time it is a lens cap. One time, I made a list of all the things I brought to the shoot so that I could go down the list and pack them back up so I wouldn't have to go crawling around on my hands and knees looking for my lens cloth, battery charger, flash or keys. Wanna take a stab at which item was first to be lost on that shoot? Thats right, the list. I would like to think that it is the artist in me, that I am so focused on my work that I can't possibly be bothered by mundane things such as cleaning up after myself, but unfortunately this behavior poors into my life as well. It is the reason I don't carry a purse as a matter of fact. If I carried a purse I would lose it and everything in it all at once, guaranteed. Anyway, due to my inability to remember my head if it wasn't attached to my body, I decided to seek out some help. And help came, in the form of the best assistant/second shooter on the planet, Linda. She is AMAZING, a great photographer, a great support when I am feeling down, and perfect for remembering to grab whatever it is that I put down on a picnic table and forgot to grab again before we switched locations. She and I make a wonderful team, she gets the most amazing shots and angles, things I never would have thought of when we are shooting a wedding. She is so amazing that she is coming out to shoot a wedding in San Diego next month and I can not wipe the smile off my face thinking about how we are going to rock that shoot together. I do feel a teeny bit bad that she has to work with me, just yesterday we were comparing working with me being a lot like working for Meryl Streep in the Devil Wears Prada because I just drop my stuff and don't even turn around again to make sure she has it all...but I sure have loved photography more and more since she came to be such an integral part of Carrie Butler Photography. We went up Mill Creek canyon with our families for a picnic and to try capturing some pictures of them while the leaves are beautiful, check out the cool pictures she took of us! And check out how beautiful her family is! I love Linda!! You can check out her photo blog by clicking here.




























8 comments:

Tessa said...

That picture of Paige in front of the fence with the flair is perfection. Love everything about it!!!

Heather H said...

Your girls are so cute! And if you ever need anyone to carry your stuff, I am available, cause I know how you leave stuff behind!!

linda said...

Thanks so much Carrie! You are such an awesome friend! We love you tons!

Mike Butler said...

It was a lot of fun. I was informed that I looked miserable the whole time. Probably the reason I only made one picture on the blog. That's okay. Paige and Mia are much cuter.

Our Little Family said...

I love the pictures of your girls! I can't believe how big they are getting. Paige and Mia always make me SMILE!! Oh and your hubby's comment is too funny! :)

jay and holl said...

she was even picking up after us! and I love her clothing style!

bill said...

What cute sisters :)
And even a hubby and dad as great as Mike deserves a miserable day now and then.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of your family! You are such a good looking crew. Let's get together SOON!!!