Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Angela and Spencers wedding and Save Brett picture playdate announcements..

I had never been up that way in Draper before so I was astounded to be in such a beautiful location for Angela and Spencers wedding, although the astonishment came second to absolute panic because when I got out of the car my shirt was immediately blown all the way up over my face by the crazy south mountain wind. I am no exhibitionist but I was silly enough to leave the house without a jacket of some sort despite the enormous black rain cloud billowing over head and despite the rumors that I had heard that the Draper temple is the windiest place on earth. Silly me. I solved the problem by tucking in and pinning up but not before flashing a few very old men and women along the way. (I am sure that is the LAST thing they expected to see when they woke up this morning..) As I was waiting to start the shoot, the storm blew through and the clouds went from pitch black to billowing white, or "bart simpson clouds" as my second shooter Linda called them. It was remarkable, the sky was unbelievably blue and the back drop was unbelievably green, I felt like we had been transported from Utah to the set of Sound of Music. Later that night we were once again acosted by the wind and rain, but the most beautiful and complete rainbow came out after it passed through and I think it was worth getting wet. As a matter of fact, I pulled the couple out of their line (sorry again about that people that had been patiently waiting) and took them to get some shots under it. People were oohing and aahing and remarking how lucky it was for the couple. One of Spencer's grandma's pulled me aside when I was done and said "you are the best photographer I have ever seen" and I had to laugh and remind her that although I was good, I did not actually create the rainbow, that was God...I crack myself up sometimes.
Also, if anyone is still reading this, I am going to do the first Save Brett picture playdate on Monday, the 6th in the AM at wheeler farm. I can take 12 kids, and I think I am going to do a first come first serve type thing, if we don't fill up with more the 8 kids I will postpone for a couple weeks till I get back from San Diego. Does that sound ok? If you would like to reserve a spot, please email me at carrie_butler@msn.com and let me know how many kids you will be bringing. Thanks again, everyone for all of your support, it has been tremendous! Also, we created an event on facebook to have a central location for donations, and also to track his progress. If you would like to recieve an invitation to this virtual event, please email me or facebook me, whatever is easiest.
Angela and Spencer, I hope you are having a wonderful time in Mexico, and I hope you LOVE your pictures, I sure had a wonderful time with you two..


This first is one that my friend and back up extraordianaire took, don't tell her but she is way better then me and woefully underpaid:)
The wind kept catching her vail so we decided to just let it fly..


















































9 comments:

Meredith said...

Gorgeous Carrie! Simply Gorgeous! That temple is so beautiful...but then again, they are all pretty spectacular!

Our Little Family said...

Beautiful, Gorgeous pictures Carrie!! Looks like a perfect day! And your a perfect photographer!

Kacey and Eddie said...

Oh my...how do you get better and better? At some point, you'd think your skills would plateau?? you're fantastic and what a cute couple and beautiful wedding!

Mike Butler said...

I'm so amazed. Those pictures look better than any other wedding I've seen (no offense to all those other people in the world that have got married and showed their photos to their friends stating that they were the best pictures that they'd ever seen when really they weren't ;-) Good job, babe!

carriebutler said...

Thank you so much, you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These photos are beautiful! Love them!

Megan Murray said...

Carrie! I love these photos! You truly are talented!

Laura said...

stuning!! My prayers are with you a Brett. Enjoy your trip to CAli!

kp said...

My best friend lives in that canyon--and your story about the wind is hilarious! The ice and wind gets so bad in the winter she has to snowshoe to her mail box@! I'll have to warn her about tucking in her shirt though