Monday, April 27, 2009

Alanna and Jon

They are so genuine, warm, kind and beautiful. The kind of people that help you to feel at ease from the moment you walk into their home. We did a beach shoot a few blocks from their home and I was so impressed at the love these two share, the way Alanna whispered in his ear, the way Jon softly moved her hair away from her face. I left the experience knowing that I was fortunate to do what I do, just so that I could have the chance to meet them.

I will tell you four sometimes five faithful readers something I bet you didn't know. I graduated top of my class at the Goofy Foot Surf School while on vacation in Maui about 10 years ago. Yep, its true. I have a certificate and a polaroid that I paid $25 dollars for in my scrap book to prove it. After being such an obviously talented surfer, it was a little sobering to realize that although the water looked very pretty, the last thing on earth I wanted to do was get in there with a surf board, foam or otherwise. When did I become so old?

Alanna and Jon, thank you a thousand times over, it was wonderful, and I hope you enjoy your sneak peek. A special thanks to Erin for all the help, you were fantastic!

Isn't she so beautiful!!

I just had to put this one on here, she has the cutest legs and feet!


And my strange fixation on shoes. Those who can't buy cute shoes photograph them, as the saying goes.













































12 comments:

Brett said...

tight pictures, you should do my wedding

Erin H. said...

Beautifully said, Carrie, Alanna and Jon are truly an inspiration. Thank you for inviting me to come along!

Moments Treasured Photography said...

OMG!! Beautiful Carrie!!!

You never called :(

Jason said...

These are glorious. Nice work, lady. You've got some mad skilz.

Mike Butler said...

Wow. Those look so good. It's amazing what you are able to do. I wish that you could clone yourself so you could take pictures of us like that all the time. Keep up the good work. You're going to be wanted by every person on the planet getting married. No one will accept anything other than you. Love you!

Kacey and Eddie said...

wow....these are sooooo great!!! What a cute couple, too!

Erica Williams said...

Wow Carrie! Great pictures...and I had no idea about your surfing days :)

Erica Williams said...

P.S. How on earth can you walk into a donut shop and leave with zero point tortillas but no donuts???!!

Tessa said...

Well done Carrie! Love the soft feel to the photos and you did a great job given how much light there was. They are a gorgeous couple, can't wait to see the wedding photos!!!!

ps. it was great to see you if only for a few minutes while you were here!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of him "twirling" her in the sunset. I wish it was my picture so I could frame it and hang it up in my house...

linda said...

Ummm. AMAZING!

kp said...

I really hope I get married before you're too old and weak to hold a camera. May I book you for sometime in the year 2014? March preferably, I'd like to get married in March