Thursday, March 5, 2009

Paige's religious education

Ok, I know it is my fault because every time she asks a question I don't know the answer to I respond with "well, its just magic, Paige", but you have to hear some of the things this kid is coming up with lately. For example, a few days ago in the car:
"Mommy? When Jesus is in heaven, why doesn't he just float into space? I know, maybe he ties himself onto a cloud." Or a week after my surgery, when it was suggested we say a prayer and ask the Lord to help mommy feel better: "But how? Can he magically shrink down and get into your skin and fix your tonsils?" Or yesterday when I was talking aloud about how some people are so crazy.. " Mommy, did Jesus make a mistake? I mean when he was building (yes that is how she refers to the creation of people) those people why did he make them crazy?"
Her questions mystify me. Its not like I really trusted myself in the first place to give her a quality Christian education, but really, do I have to explain reincarnation to a four year old? Because I am pretty sure that is what she thinks we are celebrating on Easter. Last week I told her I wished I could play "pirates" with her and her friends and do you know what she told me? "Oh, you can play pirates after you are born again and are old enough, just like me, Mom." (Me)"What??" "you know, when you are born again? after you die and you come back to life?" Mystified.

4 comments:

Erica Williams said...

Ha, Ha! That is one funny little girl you have. I love Paige! Oh, and I'm not on bed rest but you are so wonderful to offer to help with the boys. Thanks!

The MacMizzles said...

This is a great post. Love it.

Mike Butler said...

Paige really is the smartest person I've ever met. Not just the smartest kid but the smartest person. She can look at things in ways that I've never considered. She can see right through the fluff and into what really matters. I'm sure that Mia is going to end up the same so Carrie and I will be in a very interesting situation. I love my girls. All three of them. They make life worth it. ;-)

Laura said...

Paige sounds a lot like her mom don't you think? So can you book me and my fam for a photo shoot? by the way my number is on my blog at the end of the preschool info