Monday, March 23, 2009

Dback stadium!!!!

We flew to Arizona this weekend to catch a spring training game and to do Kacey and Eddies engagement session. It was amazing! It was 90 degrees and gorgeous although I have to say that Paige is my delicate little flower in the sun, the poor kid just wilts when it gets above 85, poor little thing. We loved seeing Kacey and Eddies new house, hanging with Samson and soaking up the heat. (well, by "we" I mean Mike, Mia and I, poor Paige was melting)
I loved shooting this engagement session. I have been wanting to give them this gift since the day they got engaged. They are bigtime baseball fans so they suggested we go to the dbacks stadium to do some pictures. Now I am not the biggest baseball officionado in the world, but I have been to a ballpark or two, including Fenway park, and I gotta say, this place blew my mind! I loved it! Is it crazy of me to say that there is something so romantic about baseball? Maybe I watched The Natural one too many times. or maybe it was Field of Dreams. or it could have been all those free A's tickets we earned as kids from the book mobile, but I love love and baseball.
Here is my take on Kace and Eddie, (and by the way, from here on out, I will be referring to them as Keddie, too lazy to keep typing out both names.) They really enjoy eachother. Each of them has a passion for life, and each of them are so dynamic and together they make a power team. We can't wait for your wedding you guys! Thanks for such a fun weekend (especially the hospitality basket) and Keddie, we love you!
















While we were shooting the picture below, this guy walked by a few times just cracking up at the fact that I was laying on the ground and then generously offered to get into the picture to help us sell more photos. I loved how loud Keddie was laughing at this dude!

















5 comments:

Laura said...

Carrie you do beautiful work!!! Thank you for the visit. Let me know how much I owe you. I hope when you com down for the wedding we can see each other again

linda said...

Hello long lost pal . . . who left for AZ without me. You left me here in the snow--flip flops not an option.

Carrie! The pix are AWESOME! I think that you have reached a "whole nuther level." Seriously. Is it that flip book you have? No. You are just meant to be the fabulous-est! You have great talent!

Miss you and the family. We got to get together soon.

Mike Butler said...

It was so much fun going to AZ and those pictures look amazing. We had such a good time. I wish that we could have stayed a week. It was a shock coming back to snow and rain after being embraced in the arms of sunshine and happiness. I sure hope that the girls get use to the sun quickly. We wish that we lived closer to Keddie. We love the two of them so much.

kp said...

those are really great! But can I just say, i can't believe kacey is getting married! that's so exciting!

Bee said...

Wow. Its thrilling to browse blogs and find pictures of Kasey and her husband!! They were my neighbors growing up!! I must say i was shocked when i scrolled down! how fun blogs are!!! fantastic job!!!