Monday, March 2, 2009

Jada

Ok, I was hoping she would make her appearance before WPPI but she was stubborn, then I was hoping she showed up before tonsil surgery but she wanted to keep cooking. Finally, I was just praying she would come out eventually and she did, a week late but I bet her parents will tell you she was worth the wait. Jada is the prettiest little thing and I am so happy to finally have met her. Congratulations Linda and Tyler on your lovely little baby girl.
Oh, a little tip I learned at WPPI, newborns are much more cooperative when you photograph them as young as possible, and I think after you see the green and white bowl picture you will agree that Jada was very very cooperative. So even though I went over to do the pictures while still on painkillers (don't worry, my mother in law drove me, I did not operate heavy machinary while under the influence) we got some pretty cool shots!
As for the surgery, I know many of you are waiting anxiously to hear the final count, 8 pounds. Thats right folks, I am now into my skinniest jeans. The ones that I have been saving since 2001. The ones I used to wear when I was wooing my poor husband. Yep, they fit. At least until I start packing back on the weight as my throat progressively feels better and I can eat the cheeseburger I have been coveting ever since I have been relegated to eating Sonic ice and blended up beans and rice. A big enormous thank you to all of you who helped out so generously and unselfishly during these last two weeks, I am so grateful to all of you Thank You!
One last thing, I told Linda I would print them a small canvas picture of Jada in the bowl if I can get fifteen people to comment on her bowl picture so if you like it, let us know.














13 comments:

Heather H said...

Carrie, those are beautiful! What a sweet little baby.

Ty said...

CARRIE! Not taking drugs to try to make it to Jada's birth, doping yourself up so you can snap awesome shots of our baby Jada, and being the greatest buddy around during my pregnancy--how lucky can I be!?!

Thanks so much!!! I love the photos of Jada! Really? What kind of mommy would I be if I didn't? Biased? Not me!

Thanks a ton!

AND. The photo of Jada in the bowl is so cruel and fabulous at the same time. Do you remember Ty's mom, my sis, you and me chuckling once we put her in the bowl? It might as well have been, "Moo ha ha." How cruel we are. But, I love the shot. It definitely allpws me to envision the position Jada took in my belly.

love me

Tessa said...

Wow, I can't believe she fits in the bowl...such a pretty baby! Good job Carrie!!!

scrambled brains said...

Heidi here--
My friend Whitney recently wrote a critical theory paper where she compared a fruit bowl to the womb, so it was kind of an eerily accurate return to see Jada in a bowl. Ever read Jonathan Swift's "A modest proposal"? She does look sweet enough to nibble on...muwah ha ha

Kathy Arnold said...

I think the pictures are adorable! How can newborn pictures not be, right? Jada is so beautiful.

Jada in a bowl is a very unique picture. I love when photographers think outside the norm! Great job, even on painkillers.

Jodee said...

those are adorable pictures of an adorable little girl. I love the bowl shot, not cruel at all. She looks perfectly comfortable in there. I am just glad that the collapsible bowl didn't collapse!

Laura said...

The 19th works out perfect. I was planning on calling in sick that day. I guess it was written in the stars. Now How do I get you to take our pictures?

Trish said...

hey! i have that bowl! wish it came with the yummy baby in it. :) awesome shots. she is a doll.

Rupa said...

I am still confused as to how this beautiful 8 pounder fit into kitchenware! All the photos are so touching. Congratulations again Dinda! And Carrie, what a wonderful gift you have given to the new parents!

Unknown said...

Wow, these photos are so beautiful! You've captured Jada's first few days in this world so wonderfully. I LOVE seeing her in that little bowl- she looks so peaceful.

Linda and Ty- Tarun and I can't wait to see her in person!

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

Wow. I love every single one of these. These pictures are amazing. I love that the bowl picture makes Linda think of her before she made her debut.

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Oh, I just love baby Jada. I am Tyler and Linda's cousin... She is such a doll.

I'm still conflicted about the "baby in the bowl" picture. I can't believe you got her in there...

Anyway, you are obviously talented. Good work!!!!

Jerusha Beckstead said...

Your work is amazing. I am a new mom again for the 6th time and newborn pictures are the best. I love the bowl picture.