Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of Preschool







Well, she did it, she went to school. She didn't cry, she didn't cling to my leg, she didn't even look back, to be completely honest. She chose to wear her San Diego shirt with the monkey on it with her hair in little buns. We walked in, ran into her friend Mason and next thing I know she was standing chatting with some girls and Mason in line waiting to go inside. It felt so strange not knowing what she was doing every minute of those three hours, but I tried not to worry too much. I went to the gym and dropped poor Mia off in the gym daycare and ran for forty minutes. Actually, I walked/ran for forty minutes, this is my first time back in the saddle in four or five months after all, don't want to be too hasty you know. Mia and I missed Paige so much while she was at school. I sped the whole way to go pick her up. I asked her teacher how she did, her teacher said she did great except she was running a lot, but it wasn't a big deal. I wonder if they have a rule about running? Anyway, it wasn't too surprising to me. Here are some pictures in case you want to see her in her monkey shirt. Please note that she is also wearing a brown sweater that she did not come home with. I really like that sweater so if anyone sees it, let me know!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so DARLING!!
Tay started Preschool today too. Oh, our little girls are growing up fast. Pretty soon they'll be going to PROM!! Can't wait to see how our "macho" hubbies deal with that;) Are we still on for Sunday?

Lyndsey said...

SHe is adorable. Callum started today too, and he was the same as Paige - ran in and didn't look back. Meanwhile I was dying, and Brayden must have asked me a dozen times where Callum was!
I'm glad she had a fun day!

Laura said...

Yeah for school!!! HER hair is so cute! Did you do that? I mean it is so girly. LOL, Lilly had her first day today too.

stacey said...

carrie!! paige is adorable!! i can't believe she is big enough to go to preschool!! so cute.

Kacey and Eddie said...

Congratulations, Paige on starting school!!! You have been looking forward to this day for years!! Wish I could have been there!!!

Moments Treasured Photography said...

awwh, my eldest also started preschool this week!

I will be posting it soon! :)

Susanne

So Happy Together said...

Very cute! Don't they grow up way too fast!!

Mike Butler said...

It's amazing how I feel like I should be going to preschool with her. Yes, I've regressed in my maturity. Is that such a bad thing? Carrie always tells me that she feels like she has two 3 year olds with the way that Paige and I interact. I love my little Paige and everything that she brings into life. I can't believe how mature she is and the smart things that she is always saying. Makes me feel a little inferior to her and how much she is learning. I love you Paige!!!!