Sunday, September 21, 2008

Paige is playing soccer...

and I use the word "playing" ever so loosely. Mostly she is meandering on and off the field asking things like "can I go play on the playground" "why are my legs so itchy" "what do we get for snacks" and my personal favorite, "when do I get my trophy?" Mike ended up coaching her team because there weren't any other volunteers and he seems to be having a blast with that. Paige is getting better, she drew me a little chart with squares on it so I could put a check in each time she kicks the ball. So far she has one check. Maybe she will be a really great swimmer... For now, I thought you may get a kick out of this one picture I shot after all of ten minutes at the first soccer game.

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

I'm with you, my girls were not big soccer players. I once told them "I don't pay money for you to stand around and play with your hair!"

Erica Williams said...

LOVE IT! Those first seasons of soccer are hillarious. We refer to Jack as the "team medic" because he is so much more concerned about the kids who fall, the kids who are crying (even when they aren't hurt), or the one kid stuck in the middle of the huddle that he doesn't even notice if the ball hits him in the back of the legs. I love soccer!