Saturday, August 29, 2009

What a Week!

It has been nuts this week, the kind of week where your kids eat spaghetti three nights in a row for lack of time to cook anything else. The kind of week when you are constantly catching yourself saying "oh no, I forgot to do (blank).." and "I wish I could find time to (blank)". You know the one I am talking about, right? The week that you hear yourself saying to your spouse, "honey, I will pay you a thousand dollars if you make the phone calls for founding parent board this week..." or"the garbage disposal is broken baby, but I can fix it if you just tell me what to do..what? you want me to go all the way out to the garage to get a wrench? Never mind, i don't have time, i will just wait for you to come home." Yes friends, it has been insane around the Butler household. But in a good way. We went away for our anniversary, we saw Def Leppord and Poison, had a ton of really great photo sessions and finally deep cleaned and de cluttered the kitchen (it was a necessary evil, I was afraid we were all going to get staff infections if I let it go any longer.) I learned a lot of interesting things about myself this week that I would love to pass on to you faithful readers.

1. A hotel room with windows that look into the shower from the bedroom is awesome. And not for the reason you think. When I first saw the room all I could think was "great, now i have to suck in the whole time I am showering" and I did, but I also discovered that if you stand just right, you can watch tv while you shower, awesome, right?

2. I am a Fuh Reak (that is 'freak' but pronounced emphatically) about nachos. And cotton candy. If nachos are on the menu, I am ordering them, and even if the chips are stale and the chicken doesn't look cooked all the way, I will eat every last chip. And cotton candy? There was a cotton candy guy at the def leppord/poison concert and I made Mike buy me some, and I ate it all, every last fluff of it, before Poison even took the stage.

3. If your littlest child has diarhea and a butt rash from said diarhea, it is not a good idea to let her butt "dry out" before putting a diaper back on, but if you must let her run around in her birthday suit, at least be smart enough to let her stand on a blanket for easy clean up. Because she will poop on the floor.

4. If your child asks you very loudly whether the person helping you in the drive through is a boy or a girl, you should just assume that your food got spit in because it probably did.

5. When Paiges pet dies, it is ok to cry with her.

6. If you are shooting an anniversary party and during a key moment when the father is reading a touching tribute to the couple, and you lean over the table to get a good shot of the emotion on the couples face, you should check and make sure there is not a burning candle where your hair is. Because seriously, nothing can ruin the timing of a lovely poem like hearing, "do you smell something burning? Oh my gosh, its my hair, ahhh!!" True story... Just happened about three hours ago.

7. Tripods are friends. With a tripod on a pretty night, you can get a shot like this.... Sorry there is no cute border with my name, too lazy, but did you see number six? my hair caught on fire, people, I am going to bed!




7 comments:

The Uffens Family said...

You totally crack me up! And Mckenna has also done the loud "Is that a boy or a girl" thing at the drive thru to me as well - did you happen to be at the Mcdonalds on the corner? Too funny!

Kacey and Eddie said...

hahaha...i wish we lived closer to you guys so we could ease some of your stress!! I love Paige and Mia and miss Paige's funny comments. Good luck this coming week-- we're sending positive thoughts your way that may ease your anxiety!

Laura said...

really your hair!!! SO sorry girl. Sounds like you are living life to the fullest!!

Tessa said...

OMG Carrie, you caught your hair on fire?!? Don't feel badly, Melissa Jill (and AZ photog) did the same thing at a wedding! I think it's a sign of great photo...anything to get the shot, right?!!!!

Hope this week is a little less busy (stressful) for you!

Mike Butler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Butler said...

I keep finding myself running around the house trying to figure out what is burning. It was a really crazy week but we made it through it. I'm so proud of Carrie and the pictures that she takes. She doesn't give herself half the credit that she deserves. I want to cover our house with pictures that she's taken. Love you baby!

Katie said...

You are uber talented girl. Anything for the shot is right...hair grows back...lol
Nice work. Miss you!