Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Super Hero


Paige is a hero. Actually, she is referring to herself as either a hero or a "super, only I don't have a costume, right mom?". What happened was that she went to "check" on Mia (aka wake her up from a peaceful slumber) and she very calmly came walking back out to tell me that there was a spider on Mia's bed and I needed to go check on her. So I walked in and sure enough there was a giant spider about three inches from Mia's unsuspecting little head. (I am fairly confident that it was a brown recluse or a black widow, or something equally as dangerous) Luckily I was able to grab her out of her bed just seconds away from a sure bite. Paige had saved the day and I told her that she had saved Mia's life. That was two weeks ago. And she hasn't let anyone forget it. We have heard over and over again Paige tell herself or Winks (her stuffed elephant, that's a whole other blog, by the way) "I just can't believe I'm a hero." or "I sure am glad I am a hero" or "I wish I had a costume like elasta girl since I am a hero". Lets all congratulate her one more time for being a super heroic big sister, and saving this little sweetie (pictured below) from the enormous eight legged ball o terror. Good job Paigey!!
On a side note, know who is not a hero? Jack, from Jack and the Beanstalk. I mean really, the guy first of all sells his cow for "magic beans", then climbs up the stalk unannounced, sneaks into a castle and runs off with gold that isn't his. Isn't this called robbery? And it wasn't a tiny bit of gold, either, it was enough that he and his mother lived happily ever after. Right after they chopped down the stalk and the giant came tumbling down with it, never to get up again. As in, he died. Because they killed him. And that my friends, is one of the most popular stories in history that we tell to our children at night before they go to bed. I keep trying to hide the book that Paige has but it turns out that it is in several of her bed time story collections and we revisit it every so often. The story of a thieving murdering magic bean buying bonehead. Its a classic.



3 comments:

Moments Treasured Photography said...

OMG I HATE spiders... she is indeed a hero...
So, now that you mentioned your little girls names and you don't want to call your biz Carrie Butler Photography, how about:
Mia Paige Photography?

So Happy Together said...

The kids are sooo sweet! oooh Mia Paige...I like that!

Laura said...

I could use a hero this way. We have a fly thing going on. And as for the JACK. I'm so glad you brought this up because Lilly asks all the time for that story. And I hate it for all the reasons you do. Why is it a classic? I'm stumped.