Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Burbs

So there is this lady on our street that I met recently at a neighbors house. She came over to tell us that her beautiful brick mailbox had been hit and destroyed by a teen driver in the neighborhood. She was really mad about it because the kid doesn't have insurance and won't pay for it, but last I heard they were going to just hire someone to build them a new mailbox because they were getting nasty notices from the mail man that he didn't want to climb over the pile of rubble anymore to deliver the mail. I was telling Mike the story about it but couldn't remember why the lady had said that the kid ran into the mailbox in the first place. Just yesterday Mike took Mia for a walk down the street past that particular house and I got a picture text from him. It is of a tin mailbox (just the box part, no stand) sitting atop a big pile of broken bricks. The mailbox had painted on the side "Text Messaging" . I love livin in "the burbs" .

No comments: