Sunday, June 22, 2008

Farmers Market






















Its Farmers Market time! and Salt Lake downtown farmers market is the best one I have ever been to. Aside from farmers vending their produce, there is a pluthera of other hopefuls sitting in tents hoping to sell their wares or make a name for themselves. There is also a ton of food. Every type of food you can imagine. Mexican, Indian, Argentinian, Bavarian, I even saw a group of yoga spiritualists with their own food booth. And on every corner is a musician hoping to entertain the crowd and fill his or her instrument case with some dough.

Paige and I went to check out the action on Saturday. We decided to let Daddy stay home with Mia because while he will go to these festivals with us, I think he secretly dreads the heat and the crowds. We had a blast getting ready and heading out. Paige dumped her piggy bank savings into her wallet and off we went. There wasn't a ton of produce because of the crazy weather we had this spring but there was a booth selling mushrooms. I pointed it out to Paige who said "yes, that is what I would like to buy with my money." And then she went to the booth, a lady helped her pick out her mushrooms, Paige paid her with her quarter and walked away with a bag of five Porcini mushrooms that go for 28 dollars a pound. I could hear the sales people giggling and I am fairly confident that they gave her a good deal as we walked away. I asked Paige what she wanted to do with her mushrooms, she said "oh I don't like mushrooms mom, you and daddy can eat them tonight for dinner." Little pretty! We had a great time the rest of the morning even though it was so hot. We wanted to get some delicious organic juice or some limeade but the lines were too long so we ended up getting snow cones instead, which was Paiges favorite part of the market. Here are some pictures from the day.

1 comment:

lisa said...

I'm so glad to hear there is produce at the farmer's market! I went last week and there was NO produce yet. So all I got was a sno-cone. Which sometimes I count as a vegetable.