Saturday, November 15, 2008

Steve Fogarty

Just got back from a photo shoot with Steve Fogarty, he was kind enough to let me watch him work while he set up a shot for his beautiful family this afternoon at the county building downtown. This guy really knows his stuff about lighting and it turns out he is the instructor on a lighting course with the University of Utah and over at Pictureline. I am for sure signing up, my only regret is that it doesn't start until spring. I met Steve last year when I was enormously pregnant with Mia and offered to help him with another session he was setting up. Unfortunately I wasn't much help since I couldn't lift anything and I had no idea how to set up his incredible equipment. Today I was a little more agile and he let me use is pocket wizard and now I have to have one. I loved it. You know how I am kind of lazy? It was just the thing for someone like me, I could just stand there and push the button while the camera was on a tripod. (I actually didn't just stand there, I did the crazy dance and played peek a boo with a spiderman toy, but at least the kids were smiling a little). Seriously, I am going to have to start selling my plasma to get some of these things that I want and need for my business. If only I weren't so afraid of needles and getting a staph infection, I would go to the donating place right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carrie - we sure loved having your help. Your crazy dance & Spidey peek-a-boo are magic! You've really got a way with children! We'll send you some of the pics as soon as I'm done copying, rotating, rating ... You know the drill.

Nice blog!

All my best!