Monday, July 7, 2008

The Ashtons


Do any of the four of you that read this blog (I raised my number due to popular response) have a shoulder angel? You know, a conscience that has an actual voice and guides your moral decisions you make every day? I have one. (several voices but only one that acts as a moral compass) That voice belongs to Linda Ashton. She was my sunday school teacher and partner in Sunday crime. (ie skipping sunday school to sit in the car to hear the A's game or heading to In and Out to fill our tummies so we could pay better attention to the church speaker) As a young teenager she had the patience to take me under her wing and show me the beauty of Christs gospel in a way so profound that here I sit fifteen years later confident that I can pass those lessons on to my young daughters. I am truly grateful and fortunate for her kindness and example. And I am not the only one. I had the opportunity to do a photo session of her family who was gathered together this holiday weekend to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary and it was quite a site to behold. Mick and Linda Ashton were married 50 years ago when she was merely fifteen years old. There were over forty five people there for the shoot, all of their children, their childrens children, and in two cases, their childrens childrens children. Such a dynamic group of people I have never seen and I had a blast getting to speak with a few of them. The part that sticks out in my mind more then anything else during that crazy shoot was at one point having to pause as she looked out at the see of white shirts before her and welled up with tears as she saw what she had created and the legacy that had been started fifty years beforehand. She said (in a voice I know all to well, as it also plays the role of my shoulder angel) "Are you seeing what I am seeing? Isn't it incredible." And it really is incredible. Here are some previews for you to see and if you happen to read this, Thank you Thank you Thank you.
This is a great grandson, he is adorable! He is also eating a Starburst in this shot if anyone is wondering.


And here is mom with her girls.


This is Steff and her husband John and the second great grand baby, Autumn. I hope to post a blurb completely dedicated to Autumn sometime in the future because she is a doll and I can't wait to do her pictures!

4 comments:

So Happy Together said...

Carrie! I love that post! That picture with the great grandparents in color is so beautiful! What an awesome idea I will be stealing that one! Love the blog! Don't forget I am really reading it!!

jennifer said...

Hey girly! I guess I'm one of the 4 :-) LOL - I love this post - so sweet. Way to go with getting a shot of such a large group!! It's hard trying to get everyone to look at the same time :-) What a blessing to be able to photograph someone who means so much to you.

Trish said...

You're awesome! I love this family! You did a great job shooting them. I love the one you did of Stephanie and her hubbie and daughter. They look so happy. I guess you should up the number to five. I'm here.

Lyndsey said...

You're pictures are so good, I love them Carrie. I love your blog, I always look forward to your updates!