Thursday, May 29, 2008

San Diego Photographers Workshop






I just had the most amazing experience this weekend at a photography workshop done by Me Ra Koh and Carey Schumaker, two women whose photography businesses I have admired and blog stalked for the last few months, it was incredible!! I was in a group of inspiring women, many of whom are in the same boat as I am, trying to get a photography business off of the ground while still being the mommy of the year to very young children. I was pleasantly suprised to hear their stories and discover that they were all a lot like me; new, insecure in their abilities, unsure of who to ask for help, etc. The workshop was such a breath of fresh air for me and a such a safe zone to ask questions that I have been too ashamed to ask in the past. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the first day of the workshop as I was at the memorial service for my grandmother who passed away this last week, but in the short time that I was able to attend, I was filled up with information and left feeling like I was part of a community.


I have since decided to go out on a limb and really seriously pursue my passion as a photographer and to start the ball rolling, I need a name for my business. Anyone have any opinions? I would like to use my actual name, but I feel like Carrie Butler is so dull that it won't really stand out in anyones mind. So I am thinking about maybe using another family name like possibly Carrie Ashworth? Any input would be great!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Carrie Ashworth" is already advertising on the web. Any other ideas for a last/stage name?

www.carrieashworth.com is already taken.

Tessa said...

Hi Carrie!! It was so great meeting you too. I'm so excited for you that you dedided to follow your dream, and begin the process of starting your own photography business. It's the most amazing feeling and I know you will be successful (good things happen to good people). Definitely let me know when you'll be in San Diego next!!

Dana Fallentine said...

Adorable pictures!!!