Thursday, May 29, 2008

Barb Bailey

My grandmother passed away last week, May 20th. She was a wonderful example to me of kindness and love and truly will be missed. When I was a really young girl, I remember confusing her with Lucille Ball from I Love Lucy. I always felt as though I was the greatest thing in the world to her. I never heard an angry word from her, and voice was always full of warmth. I was able to meet many people who loved her at her memorial service. She was one of five friends that were all close and had been since grade school. They called themselves the "golden girls" and got together once a year. They seemed like a blast and all of them even at eighty years old were knockouts, just like my grandma. I learned a great lesson of forgiveness from my grandmother that I cannot forget. I loved her and am so proud and honored to be her granddaughter.

No comments: