Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day and other things.

Happy Mothers Day! In honor and celebration of this yearly event I would like to share one of my favorite memories of my own mother. I was only seven or eight at the time, and we lived out east. We were driving under a canopy of trees, I know it was fall because all the leaves were brilliant orange, red and yellow. The late afternoon sun was illuminating the falling foliage as we zipped along in our car. I don't remember exactly but I think it may have been the banged up spoon car (if you are curious about that, please see me for details later) because in my memory the setting was more intimate then the one of two volkswagon vans we used to drive around town. We were listening to Oldies like always when on came "Barbara Ann", the Beach Boys version, and my mom started singing her heart out. She knew every single word. And she sang it high, just like those Beach Boys. She was spilling out happiness and to an eight year old, it seemed like everything was right in the world. Thank you, Mom for giving me that memory and an endless love for the Beach Boys!! Happy Mothers Day!

Also, I was tagged, at least I think I was, even if I wasn't, I would still do this because I think I looked hot on that particular night, to post a prom picture. I went with Nick Trejo, I wore a red dress and gloves, and I felt like Pretty Woman. Sorry about the paper stuck to it, it was the best one I could find.

One more thing, we went to Moab this weekend with the kids. We had a blast! Paige and I stayed up late playing brick braker on my cell phone, we went on a little hike, we went swimming, we ate at Pasta Jays which I love, and we went and looked at the Moab Movie Museum and saw props from Thelma and Louise. I have a little video of the girls oohing and ahhing as we are driving through Arches, I thought it was so cute! I also only brought my point and shoot camera, which I bet Mike was thrilled about because he usually ends up lugging it around, but I think that cannon has got some awesome color capabilities, plus it takes video.






I don't know why she was making this face, maybe I was too stinky from all the hiking? Or maybe she was mad that Black Puppy got to be in the picture, he loves to be in photos!

Here is Black Puppy again, monopolizing the frame! That darn dog! Oh, sisters!! So cute!

5 comments:

Mike Butler said...

It was so much fun going to Moab with my three favorite girls in the world. We laughed, we cried, we ate pasta . . . the world was complete. Carrie, thank you for being the perfect mom to our two girls. They couldn't have a better mommy. I love you.

Erica Williams said...

LOVE the red prom dress, you were hot! And the video was darling. Glad to hear that you had a good weekend. I just read Mike's comment...what a nice hubby!

Kacey and Eddie said...

aaaawwwww.....i cn't wait to see you guys in just 2 months!!! The girls are getting SO big! Mia is getting cuter and cuter and Paige always makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Well look at you little miss hottie bo body! How on earth did you make it so I can't enlarge your Prom pic though? I have been trying to do that to my photos...

Anonymous said...

Carrie Butler!!! You are amazing! Seems to me like you're livin the perfect life! :) your photography is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for being not only a leader and example to me but someone i can call a friend too! :) love ya: melissa.