Monday, March 10, 2008

The Fox and the Hound


I saw the Fox and the Hound at the drive-in when I was four. It was the first movie I ever saw at a drive-in, (followed a few years later by Savanah Smiles as my first movie in the movie theater) and I remember loving it. So imagine my delight that it was the "movie time monday" movie on Disney Channel today. I recorded it and let Paige watch it while I got in the shower and did some house work. About half way through I hear these blood curdling cries from downstairs, you know the kind that make you go running, so I did, and there sat Paige sobbing on the couch. It took me about twenty minutes of coaxing to get her to calm down and talk about what was bothering her, and when she finally did talk she said "wh-why (sniff) did that wady (sniff) leave the fox in the woods?" And then it hit me. The Fox and the Hound was the saddest movie ever. And I let my extremely sensitive three year old watch it all by herself. Needless to say, it is erased from our DVR.

1 comment:

dllhmchl said...

That's the worst movie EVER!! I tried to watch it as an adult and had to leave the room because I was crying as hard as Paige was. That movie is band from my house. ;-)